Sun 28 Apr
11am – 1pm or 2pm – 4pm
(please select the morning or afternoon session from the dropdown menu)
Join us for an enjoyable half day punch needle embroidery workshop. A simple technique with easy to use tools, punch needle embroidery is back and taking the craft world by storm. A faster alternative to traditional rug hooks and wool strips, the modern needle puncher now works with fun colourways and modern patterns. Join fibre artist, Stephanie Fradette, as she shows you how to “paint” with yarn a textured hoop to add warmth to your home. We’ll learn how to transfer our chosen design onto the backing, how to use the needle punch tool and finishing techniques. You’ll be able to choose from a few patterns or you can design your own, the more contrasting the motif the better! A wide selection of high quality yarns in a spectrum of colours and textures will be available for you to experiment with everything you need to create a small textured hoop/ coaster is included. This punch needle embroidery workshop is suitable for complete beginners and seasoned crafters as it’s a very easy and relaxing craft that is a great addition to every crafters repertoire.
About Your Tutor
Stephanie Fradette is the fibre artist behind the brand “Le Petit Moose”, a nod to her French-Canadian roots. The Aberdeenshire-based artist blends bold colours into her woven, knotted and tufted wall hangings, showcasing rich textures, contemporary design and craftsmanship. Stephanie has been teaching weaving and knotting workshops across the North-East of Scotland since 2015. What started off as a one-off frame loom weaving class for a friend, progressed swiftly into teaching and delivering multiple hands-on fibre-based craft classes a month. Highlights have included teaching at Craft Scotland Summer Show, Dundee Contemporary Arts, The Barn Arts Centre in Banchory, the Fife Arms Hotel and guest tutor at Gray’s School of Art.
- All tools are provided for use at the workshop and materials are included in the course cost
- Tea and coffee are provided but participants should bring their own lunch and utensils
- All of our classes are suitable for over 16s, younger crafters may be accommodated if accompanied by a participating adult but please contact us before booking
- If the workshop you were looking at is fully booked drop us an email and we’ll add you to the waiting list. We will add extra dates to our most popular workshops too, join the mailing list to be the first to know
- All of our workshops are held in our accessible studio at Craft Central, High Street, Dunblane, FK15 0EE
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your workshop we need at least three weeks notice. Please read our cancellation policy before booking