We are committed to providing an environment free from discrimination, victimisation, harassment and bullying. We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive and healthy community.
We expect all of our tutors, staff and participants to:
- demonstrate care towards one another: treat others with kindness, empathy and patience
- be respectful of others, valuing differing opinions, viewpoints and experiences
- not invade other’s personal and emotional space, always seek consent
- respect terminology and the right to self-describe
- treat everybody as an individual and respect the needs of others
- be open to learning, making space for open discussion, debate and feedback
- have fun and find enjoyment in our creativity
CSSC does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. This includes direct or in- direct forms of discrimination. We will not tolerate inappropriate, threatening, offensive or harmful behaviour and language.
Anyone who experiences or witnesses behaviour that violates the Code of Conduct is encouraged to report it to one of the Senior Leadership Team. All reports will be treated as a serious matter, handled confidentially and dealt with in line with the CSSC’s Anti-bullying and Harassment Policy.
STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
We welcome students with disabilities however some class activities do require a degree of co-ordination, physical effort and good eyesight. We are very happy to arrange a visit or phonecall to ascertain any additional access or support requirements prior to booking, and we are very happy to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure your enjoyment of your workshop. Please see our Access Guide for full details.