Tuesday 5 December
1pm – 4pm
Bring your whole team and join us for a fun filled winter printing party with master printmaker Karene Wederkind, learning all the skills you need to print your very own festive wrapping paper. Join Karené and learn about printing repeat patterns on paper with traditional Indian relief blocks. The process of block printing is calming and meditative, and at the same time there’s something really satisfying and exciting about gradually seeing a pattern grow on your paper. Afterwards you can head to one of our amazing local hostelries to rehydrate. All of the materials and tools will be provided, all you need to bring is some team spirit and good chat!
About Your Tutor
Karené is an artist, a photographer, a printmaker and a pattern addict! She has a Fine Art Degree in History of Art and Studio Practice. She has been working as a photographer for many years, but in recent years her love for printmaking was reignited out of a need to make with her hands. Her passion lead her to a course in Oxford and she is now a certified block printing tutor. She enjoys creating her own motifs with linocuts and also has a growing collection of hand-carved wooden blocks. Karené is South African, now living in Scotland with her husband, 2 daughters and crazy dog.
You can pay for your group booking in two instalments. The deposit is non-refundable, and the balance is due at least three weeks before the workshop date.
- All tools are provided for use at the workshop and materials are included in the course cost.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided, and we can recommend somewhere great nearby to head for refreshments or food afterwards
- All of our classes are suitable for over 16s, younger crafters may be accommodated if accompanied by a participating adult but please contact us before booking
- If the workshop you were looking at is fully booked drop us an email and we’ll add you to the waiting list. We will add extra dates to our most popular workshops too, join the mailing list to be the first to know
- All of our workshops are held at Craft Central, High Street, Dunblane, FK15 0EE.