Fri 6 October
10am – 4pm
Join master basket weaver Anna Liebmann for a fun and sociable day of basketry for beginners and create a set of wonderful willow pieces including a beautiful and useful Nut Basket. This shorter, one day weaving course is designed to introduce working with willow to students, who will begin by weaving a stylish boat shaped basket suitable for holding small fruits, nuts, the contents of your pockets, etc! Once you’ve mastered the basics you can start experimenting with simple basket forms, star shapes, wreaths, os start another nut basket to take home and complete.
We will be making a gorgeous slender shaped basket from stout ribs and very fine coloured willows. Each student’s basket is likely to take on its own unique character, and people will be able to use Anna’s homegrown organic willows in striking different colours to personalise their creations! Attention will be given to the grading of the willows and the shaping of the pieces, and each person will leave with their at least one completed masterpiece, and a collection of smaller willow projects.
Basketry for beginners is suitable for both beginners and improvers.
- All tools and materials are included in the course cost
- Tea and coffee are provided but participants should bring their own lunch and utensils
- All of our classes are suitable for over 16s, younger crafters may be accommodated if accompanied by a participating adult but please contact us before booking
- If the workshop you were looking at is fully booked drop us an email and we’ll add you to the waiting list. We will add extra dates to our most popular workshops too, join the mailing list to be the first to know
- All of our workshops are held at our accessible workshop at Craft Central, High Street, Dunblane, FK15 0EE.