Sat 27 Jan
10am – 4pm
You’ll learn everything you need to know to create your mosaic, including sourcing materials, the tools you need and how to use them, cutting materials (glass / tiles / ceramics), the bases and adhesives you can use, and how to grout your mosaic. If there’s time, you’ll grout your mosaic on the day or else you can take away the grout and and instructional video to do it at home. All materials and use of tools are included in the cost.
About Your Tutor
Rhona Duffy has been making mosaics and passing her skills on to others for over a decade. As well as being a creative entrepreneur Rhona has a degree in English and philosophy and an MA in international journalism. She is an avid writer and is the founding editor of Mosaic & Glass, a magazine designed to celebrate and champion mosaic and glass art and its artists.
Originally from Dublin, Rhona lives with her family in central Scotland and makes mosaic art from her garden studio. She enjoys bringing her customers creations to life through bespoke and personalised commissions, and is passionate about sharing the joy of mosaic art through teaching workshops.
- All tools are provided for use at the upcycled mosaic workshop and materials are included in the course cost. You are welcome to bring your own materials to incorporate such as broken china, glass beads and small found objects. We can advise on the suitability of your finds for mosaic use.
- Tea and coffee are provided but participants should bring their own lunch and utensils
- All of our classes are suitable for over 16s, younger crafters may be accommodated if accompanied by a participating adult but please contact us before booking
- If the workshop you were looking at is fully booked drop us an email and we’ll add you to the waiting list. We will add extra dates to our most popular workshops too, join the mailing list to be the first to know
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your workshop we need at least three weeks notice. Please read our cancellation policy before booking.