Sunday 31 March
11am – 4pm
Join us for a fun filled Easter Sunday spoon carving workshop with master wood-worker Louise Forbes, learning all the skills you need to carve your very own wooden spoon. In this fun filled day you will transform a gorgeous hunk of sustainably sourced Scottish wood into a carved masterpiece of your own design in just a day. Beware though … spoon carving is addictive, after a meditative day of carving, filing and sanding in our bright and friendly studio you’ll be hooked! All of the materials and tools will be provided, all you need to bring is an open mind and a big smile. You can even pick up one of our special spoon carving kits in our shop, designed just for us with Louise’s expert help, with all you need to carry on carving at home.
About Your Tutor
Louise is a designer/maker/teacher/gallerist who loves working with wood. She creates beautiful homeware items that will make the everyday a little more special. Spoons are Louise’s favourite to make, and her best seller!! When she’s not busy running the Tayberry Gallery in Perth, or wrangling architecture students at DOJCAD, she is busy enthusiastically passing on the delightful craft of spoon carving.
“The course was fantastic! Louise was a great tutor, very clear about everything we needed to know and do. She has an amazing passion for what she does, and I felt that transferred on to us as learners…I certainly felt it.”
- All tools and materials are included in the spoon carving workshop cost
- Tea, coffee are biscuits are provided
- All of our classes are suitable for over 16s, younger crafters may be accommodated if accompanied by a participating adult but please contact us before booking
- If the workshop you were looking at is fully booked drop us an email and we’ll add you to the waiting list. We will add extra dates to our most popular workshops too, join the mailing list to be the first to know
- All of our workshops are held at Craft Central, High Street, Dunblane, FK15 0EE
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your workshop we need at least three weeks notice. Please read our cancellation policy before booking