*SOLD OUT* But new dates coming soon. Join the mailing list to be first to know when new dates are added.
Sat 12 November
10am – 1.30pm
Join Edinburgh based Bookbinder Cass Barron for a day of creative bookbinding that will equip you with the skills to make 2 book structures – a great opportunity to try your hand at this wonderfully addictive craft and leave with a set of books that make for great sketchbooks, journals and personalised gifts!
Cass will share her passion for bookbinding and approach to transforming remnant materials into unique and usable books. Together you will make the following books, which each have their own special character:
* An A6 leather or pleather book with decorative exposed binding – an opportunity to experiment with different coloured threads and stitch patterns.
* An A5 Japanese stab zig zag book – an eye-catching method of stitching single sheets together.
Cass will take you through the process step by step with lots of ideas on how to personalise your books and add finishing touches.
Following the workshop you will be given access to a video tutorial and print handout by Cass, which you can use as a reminder of the stitches covered in the workshop should you want to make more at home – be warned, bookbinding is an addictive craft, and they make for great Christmas presents! If you’re hooked on bookbinding by the end of your class Cass will have bookbinding kits available to buy on the day so you can carry on bookbinding at home!
All materials are included, which comprise of remnant leather/pleather, coloured threads, buttons, decorative and vintage papers, plus Cass’s go-to Flat White plain paper – made from recycled coffee cups and great for sketching, watercolour and general note-taking . In addition to this you are welcome to bring along any of your own materials to see how these can be worked into your books, such as old maps, artwork, test prints, wallpaper, wrapping paper etc. Why check out our cyanotype class on 5 November
, you can bring along your prints to bind into books and combine all of your craft learning in one amazing project?
- All materials are included in the course cost
- Tea and coffee are provided but participants should bring their own lunch and utensils
- All of our classes are suitable for over 16s, younger crafters may be accommodated if accompanied by a participating adult but please contact us before booking
- If the workshop you were looking at is fully booked drop us an email and we’ll add you to the waiting list. We will add extra dates to our most popular workshops too, join the mailing list to be the first to know
We have partnered with Creative Scotland to offer half price places on our sustainability focussed workshops. We aim to remove cost as a barrier to participation, enabling access for all to creative learning opportunities.
READ MORE HERE