Upcycle Your Clothes with Embroidered Motifs
Sat 28 May
10am - 4pm
As part of our programme of sustainable craft workshops, we're delighted to bring some bling to the topic of upcycling with stitcher to the stars, Chloe Patience. We'll prove that it doesn't have to be brown to be green by creating beautifully embellished patches using sustainable materials to up-cycle your wardrobe. Use your embellished patch to embrace a slow fashion approach - repair and old garment, or to customise a sustainably sourced t-shirt. Your embroidered patch can be removed from one item and applied to another and is a perfect way to cover holes or stains in a pre-loved garment. In this workshop we will be learning essential embellishment techniques such as sewing sequins, beads and couching before designing and creating your own versatile motif. This is the perfect class for newcomers to embroidery and those who want to improve their skills. All materials are included and all the equipment you need to complete your embroidery workshop is supplied.
Chloe Patience is an accomplished textile designer who founded bebaroque, an acclaimed hosiery and body wear label worn by Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Kelis, and Christina Aguilera. Aspiring to push the boundaries of functional fashion and textiles, Chloe works on a freelance basis for fashion and interiors markets.
"The workshop was a valuable me time. A blend of being able to chat to new people, learn new skills, feast my senses on the vibrant materials. It was delivered in a comfortable light and airy space. I was made to feel very welcome and would love to do another course."
- All tools and materials are included in the course cost
- Tea and coffee are provided but participants should bring their own lunch and utensils
- All of our classes are suitable for over 16s, younger crafters may be accommodated if accompanied by a participating adult but please contact us before booking
- Covid restrictions are currently in place, and we ask that all participants take a lateral flow test before attending
- If the workshop you were looking at is fully booked drop us an email and we’ll add you to the waiting list. As restrictions ease we might be able to add more spaces to some of our courses. We will add extra dates to our most popular workshops too, join the mailing list to be the first to know
|We have partnered with Creative Scotland to offer half price places on our sustainability focussed workshops. We aim to remove cost as a barrier to participation, enabling access for all to creative learning opportunities.|