Fri 12 – Sun 14 April
11am – 4pm
Join sustainable textile artist Sarah Diver Lang for a masterclass in the alchemy of natural dyeing and block printing in this three-day eco printed textiles workshop. Spread over three consecutive days, this comprehensive eco print and dye course will take you through a range of sustainable processes to create your own dyed and printed fabric. We’ll learn how to work from recipes to create Iron and Gallnut inks, and natural dyes using Madder and Weld to give hues of red and yellow. We’ll also explore the potential of ready made natural inks as we use wood blocks to play with patterns and cut our own lino blocks to create repeat prints on fabric. Over three days we’ll learn both practical skills and design processes to create a 1/2m length of finished fabric as well as a selection of test pieces and samples, perfect for use in other craft projects such as visible mending, patchwork quilting or bookbinding. Check out our other weekend workshops to see what’s coming up in the schedule!
You’ll come away your eco printed textiles workshop not only with a comprehensive understanding of a range of new processes, but also a beautifully printed envelope cushion that you have coloured, printed and crafted from scratch with your own fair hands.
Tea, coffee and treats are provided but please bring your own lunch. All our workshops are suitable for participants of age 16 or over.
Sarah Diver Lang is a designer maker with over a decade’s experience working and exhibiting in Scotland. She is a socially focussed artist; working with others to create positive solutions and interventions within our communities. Sarah is a past scholar of the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust, and a fellow of Glasgow Heritage Environment Trust.
If the workshop you were looking at is fully booked drop us an email and we’ll add you to the waiting list. As restrictions ease we might be able to add more spaces to some of our courses. We will add extra dates to our most popular workshops too, join the mailing list to be the first to know.
- All tools are provided for use at the Eco Print and Dye workshop and materials are included in the course cost.
- Tea and coffee are provided but participants should bring their own lunch and utensils
- All of our classes are suitable for over 16s, younger crafters may be accommodated if accompanied by a participating adult but please contact us before booking
- If the workshop you were looking at is fully booked drop us an email and we’ll add you to the waiting list. We will add extra dates to our most popular workshops too, join the mailing list to be the first to know
- All of our workshops are held in our accessible studio at Craft Central, High Street, Dunblane, FK15 0EE
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your workshop we need at least three weeks notice. Please read our cancellation policy before booking
- Deposit payments are available on this course. 50% deposit secures your space, and the remaining balance is due three weeks before the course commences.