Sat 12 Feb
10am – 4pm
Did you know it’s possible to crochet socks? Cosy, crocheted socks that fit perfectly? In this workshop you will learn how to crochet a pair of socks using the toe-up construction method following one of Marta’s own sock patterns. This design features the heel turn, heel flap and gusset technique. Under Marta’s expert guidance you will crochet through each stage in turn, giving you the confidence to make more socks in the future!
Yarn and hook will be provided. You will receive a printed copy of Marta’s Synthesizer Sock design to take away with you.
Some previous crochet experience is necessary for this workshop – you will need to know the following basic crochet techniques; working in the round, double crochet stitches, half treble stitches, treble stitches (UK terms), how to increase & decrease stitches.
Marta Mitchell is a Scottish crochet designer, creating easy to follow patterns for eye-catching designs. She loves to use natural fibres to create beautiful colours and textures with wool. She has been writing rock patterns for eight years, and we are delighted to welcome her to CSSC to pass on her knowledge and skills.
- All tools and materials are included in the course cost
- Tea and coffee are provided but participants should bring their own lunch and utensils
- All of our classes are suitable for over 16s, younger crafters may be accommodated if accompanied by a participating adult but please contact us before booking
- Covid restrictions are currently in place, and we ask that all participants take a lateral flow test before attending
- If the workshop you were looking at is fully booked drop us an email and we’ll add you to the waiting list. As restrictions ease we might be able to add more spaces to some of our courses. We will add extra dates to our most popular workshops too, join the mailing list to be the first to know