Sat 3 February
10am – 4pm
Join us in our mission to craft a sustainable future in our visible mending workshop. Learn to make do and mend your favourite garments, blankets, or pretty much anything else you can imagine. Your tutor, Eilidh Weir, is passionate about reducing textile waste, and we’re delighted to have her here to teach us how to reduce landfill, and minimise spending by stitching, not ditching. We’ll spend a meaningful and meditative day taking a comprehensive look at darning styles, when and how to patch and how to make your clothes last. You will learn decorative and invisible techniques that can be used to repair anything from socks to furniture.
Bring along any worn out woolies or treasured trousers that you would like to bring back to life, or just practise on one of our samples so your armed with the skills you need then next time you have a mending emergency.
No previous sewing or knitting experience is necessary. Mending is for everyone.
About Your Tutor
Eilidh Weir is an artist and designer who is best know as the founder of sustainable fashion brand All That Is Braw. Eilidh’s holistic approach to sustainable fashion starts with careful sourcing of her materials, which are sewn in house, by hand, right here in Central Scotland, and even mended and altered as required by Eilidh’s own fair hand. Taking a zero waste approach, she saves all the scraps from her successful garment making cottage industry, and uses them to create beautiful textile artworks that champion sustainability, inclusivity, and understanding across a broad range of issues including mental health awareness and support for the LGBTQ+ community. She is passionate about mending and reducing textile waste and is keen to share these skills far and wide.
- All tools are provided for use at the visible mending workshop and materials are included in the course cost. You are welcome to bring along your own clothes textiles and threads to incorporate into your project if you would like to
- Tea and coffee are provided but participants should bring their own lunch and utensils
- All of our classes are suitable for over 16s, younger crafters may be accommodated if accompanied by a participating adult but please contact us before booking
- If the workshop you were looking at is fully booked drop us an email and we’ll add you to the waiting list. We will add extra dates to our most popular workshops too, join the mailing list to be the first to know
- All of our workshops are held at Craft Central, High Street, Dunblane, FK15 0EE
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your workshop we need at least three weeks notice. Please read our cancellation policy before booking